Powered By Blogger

Saturday 18 June 2011

Film Review: Hangover 2

Hangover 2


6.5/10

I loved the first Hangover.  Loved it.  One of my favourite comedies of recent years.  The intricate plotting of how they got from A to C (drunkenly via B) is marvellous.  And full of zingy one-liners.

So I was hopeful for the sequel.  However, when you watch it, you just realise that all they've done is basically clone the first film.  Sorry, but when you don't even try to top the film before then you're already on to a loser, in my opinion.

Yes there were some genuine laugh out loud moments, and I was grinning throughout a lot of the film but it was very much a case of deja vu.

The biggest compliment I could possibly give the film is that if it wasn't for the fact there was a first Hangover film, then this would have been hilarious.  As it was, it felt like buying a DVD of a comedian, laughing hard, then when you see the comedian live on stage, telling the same jokes, it's somehow not as funny, yet you can't help feeling it SHOULD be.

A shame and a missed opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment