Powered By Blogger

Saturday 7 May 2011

Connie Pietens 1977 - 2010

Just a short one.

Yesterday marked the one-year anniversary of the death of a good friend.  She was 32.

She bravely battled cancer for several months but ultimately succumbed to this vile, indiscriminate disease.

She was an inspiration to me and all that knew her.  She was kind, sweet, funny, and daft as a brush.  Some of her adventures and mishaps are the stuff of legend.

Rest in peace, Connie.  Look down on us from time to time, as we belt out a song at a karaoke.  We all miss you.

Until we meet again. x

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't have said anything better myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. I was in love with her back in the day before she left for UK. I loved her more than life itself and have searched for her online and all over ever since I lost contact with her. At least 20-30 searches a year and then this appears in my search.

    This is really sad news. She was a unique person and I am sad that she is no longer with us.

    ReplyDelete