Powered By Blogger

Thursday 25 August 2011

All About Me!

"Getting to know you, getting to know all about you" - Anna (The King & I)

You know, I started writing this blog nearly 4 weeks ago.  I turned 36 at the end of July and I thought it would be a bit of a fun/lighthearted blog if I gave you all 36 'facts' about me that you might not know or maybe even care about.

Firstly, it was harder than it sounded.  Secondly I had a big distraction.  But now it's here and I'm done.  Remind me to never do this again...

36 Facts About Me!

1) I share a birthday with the following: Arnold Schwartzenegger, Daley Thompson, Kate Bush, Lisa Kudrow and Jimmy Anderson.  And I share it with the anniversary of England winning the world cup.

2) I am allergic to bananas.  And penicillin.

3) My favourite film is The Elephant Man and my favourite pop act is Pet Shop Boys.

4) I swear a lot.  Far more than is healthy...

5) My biggest fear is open water, ever since I nearly drowned when I was 10.  Even now, I hate putting my head under water (even a shower can make me panic).

6) My first ever job was a chef.  Hence my love of cooking.

7) The first car I ever drove after I passed my driving test was a Rover 600.  Company car.  Lovely.

8) I have two middle names, Stuart and George.  Named after my Grandfathers.  However, I was only meant to have ‘George’ as a middle name, as family tradition, but that would have made my initials ‘KGB’ and in the mid-70’s, that would NOT have been good…  So my parents added another middle name.

9) The first record I ever bought was ‘Hi Ho Silver’ by Jim Diamond and I have a horrid feeling that the first album I ever bought was by Chas n Dave…

10) The first song I ever performed solo at a karaoke was ‘Monster Mash’.

11) I’m still a big kid at heart, as I love seeing all the new Lego kits and other toys, wishing I could play with them without looking like a twat.

12) I’ve never been further abroad than France.  I’ve been all across Britain (and even the Channel Islands) but my ambition is to visit America and New York in particular.

13) I love my food (no really!) and I’m always up for trying new things.  Especially food from other countries.  Earlier this year I even had authentic Ethiopian lamb.

14) I chose the online ID of ‘Khaos’ back in 2000 when my life was literally chaotic, with living in London, Bristol, Cardiff and driving hundreds of miles, etc.  And I put the K in because of my real name.

15) I have a certified IQ of 136 which puts me in the top 6% of the world.

16) My best subjects at school were Computer Studies and Maths.  My favourite was Law.  Fascinating subject.

17) I’m not the biggest sports fan on the planet, and rarely watch it on the television, but I support Liverpool FC and Surrey CCC.

18) I don’t have any tattoos or piercings, and never will BUT if I were forced to, I’d have a lion or dragon tattoo, on my arm.

19) My DREAM job would either be a West End musical singer (Javert would be the role I’d KILL for) or a comedy writer.

20) I am a geek too.  I love some Sci-fi (not Star Trek, urgh) and I still read the occasional comic book (not Batman, urgh).

21) My favourite names are Bret (for a boy) and Kaitlyn (for a girl).

22) I am related to former Prime Minister Edward Heath (my Nan’s cousin) and possibly to the ‘Great Train Robber’ Ronnie Biggs.

23) I was born and raised a Catholic but now, I follow no religion.  Safer that way.

24) If I had a dream ‘dinner party’ inviting 5 people dead or alive, I’d choose Eric Morecambe, Les Dawson, Jimmy Carr, Sarah Silverman and Lisa Lampanelli.

25) My favourite actor is Anthony Hopkins.  My favourite actress is Gillian Anderson.

26) I love dogs.  Hate cats.

27) Conspiracy theorists piss me off.  Seriously.

28) I read all 7 Harry Potter books in 6 weeks.

29) My shoe size is usually 11 (depends on the shoes)

30) My best quality is my sense of humour.  My worst is that I can be very introverted and moody sometimes…

31) I’ve often thought about going on Dragon’s Den for a couple of ideas I have, but I hate rejection.  Besides, I’m no entrepreneur.  So if someone wants to team up…?

32) I’ve been to hospital twice.  Once for heatstroke, when I was a baby and the other time for an infected ingrown toenail.

33) One of my interests is reliving kids TV shows and I love talking about them, reminiscing.

34) I consider myself a late bloomer in life, so many things I didn’t do for so long, with usually one of my younger brothers getting there first.

35) I don’t have a sweet tooth and can’t say I’m a massive fan of chocolate.

36) My signature dish to cook is steak diane, with jacket potato, stuffed mushroom, and grilled tomato.

Well, that's 36.  Is there anything you want to ask me that I haven't covered?  Use my Formspring account to ask me anonymous questions.  Be nice!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment